Sunday, July 22, 2012

Class of 20__

I hope that this blog can serve to save someone some trouble as all of us 20-something's stumble through our quarter-life crisis (QLC). I made this blog because I'm tired of listening to parent's and grandparent's complain about their 401 K's, taxes, having to work until 55, the price of milk, and how our generation doesn't have our shit together. I'm 21, living on my own for the first time (well, kind of - more on that later...) and just like so many other people my age, starting my life with a whole lot of debt, 2 years left of college, an internship AND a job, and not a clue in the world as to what I'm doing. OF COURSE I don't have my shit together. I don't care if you grew up extremely privileged in the suburbs or if you had a rough raising - chances are that if you're in college and/or on your own for the first time, you're probably experiencing a bit of an identity crisis. I consider myself to be a very organized, ambitious, well-rounded, educated individual but sometimes, I just don't know what the FUCK I am doing. Whether it's trying to figure out the best way to study for a foreign language exam, how to cook a homemade lemon meringue pie, how to submit my tax return, how to pick my class schedule just right, how to get a peach juice stain out of my new white pants, the right way to quit a job over e-mail, etc...

Over the next year (and hopefully more), I would like to dedicate myself to sharing my experiences with my quarter-life crisis with you so that we can all navigate this together and make our QLC's just a little bit easier.

Regards,
KTB

No comments:

Post a Comment